THE SPIRIT OF COLOURS
June 12th (10.30am-1pm and 2.30pm-5.30pm)
- The course takes place in my studio by the Alvalade (Lisbon) subway station. Third Floor (no elevator) with high ceiling and big windows. Quiet space with balcony over calm garden with kiosk and big trees
- Some psychological/emotional/vibrational themes associated with each primary and secondary colour
- Basic colour mixing notions – practical exercises
- Basic notions of colour contrasts in a visual composition (colour pairs and trios) – practical exercises
- Viewing and analyzing some Art History examples
- Viewing and analyzing some artwork from the participants
- All necessary Art material is included. Participants can bring their materials if they wish
- 60 euros
- Reserve your place by sending transfer proof of 50% of the value. Available payment methods: MBWay 935429874; Paypal email@example.com; Bank Transfer: PT50 0018 00080581801702097 SWIFTi/BIC: TOTAPTPL
- Send your transfer proof to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Whatsapp/Telegram/Signal: 00351935429874
My name is Daniel V. Melim. I was born in Portugal in 1982.
I was a finalist of the EDP Novos Artistas 2007 Award, winner of the Fidelidade Mundial Jovens Pintores Award in 2011 and a shortlister for the worldwide 100 Painters of Tomorrow project (Thames and Hudson 2014). I have been developing arts projects in Portugal, Spain, Brazil, Germany and the United Kingdom. I collaborated several years with the Gulbenkian Foundation's Educational Department, as well as with private art schools in Lisbon. My work is part of public and private collections
I am a Painting undergraduate from the University of Lisbon (2006) and an MA Applied Anthropology and Community and Youth Work graduate from Goldsmiths College, University of London (2016), with a fellowship from the Gulbenkian Foundation. I have been taking part in many non-academic trainings, namely meditation, yoga, butoh, contact-improvisation, real time composition (performance), improvisation theater, voice work, Louise Hay method and ecovillage design.
I am interested in the affectionate, collective, historical, political, ecological, spiritual and healing dimensions of the creative process